The Virus Project will begin production of a White Paper and documentary on Reopening schools and keeping them open. The research will focus on those K-12 schools who have stayed open during the pandemic. The intent is a multimedia asset that addresses this issue and help schools everywhere reopen. The Virus Project was formed to aggregate the best ideas and thinking to provide a platform for innovators to collaborate and find solutions to the COVID-19 Crisis. Schools is an area of significant challenge but an area where there has been progress.
This White Paper will seek to find the ideas best ideas to address the challenge of keeping schools open. Its approach will to get insights from a range of perspectives in order to document what works. Surveys and interviews will be conducted with:
White Paper and Research Study: K-12 schools. Dealing with COVID-19.
- School Facility Managers.
- COVID testing companies including PCR, Antigen and antibody testing
- Air purification vendors HVAC Systems and free standing
- Air quality testing companies
- Research institutions.
- Foundations and think tanks
- PCR Testing. The most accurate type of test, but historically expensive and time consuming. New technologies such as pooled testing have been developed to make this economical and provide a contact tracing function.
- Antigen and Antibody testing. Work continues to develop on Rapid and inexpensive tests.
- HVAC air purification systems to provide clean air throughout the facility.
- Freestanding air purification systems in each classroom.
- Air monitoring and testing systems. Systems to test the presence of airborne viruses.
- Sanitation and disinfectants. Other means to rid physical space of viruses.