The 5th Annual Vaccine Industry Excellence Awards has named Advaxis as the Best Therapeutic Vaccine for the company's ADVX-HPV construct. Advaxis is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing the next generation of immunotherapies for cancer and infectious diseases.
ADVX-HPV is in Phase 2 development for the treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN), cervical cancer, head cancer and neck cancer. The company is currently sponsoring a CIN 2/3 trial in the United States and a recurrent/refractory cervical cancer trial in India.
Nominated in March, Advaxis was selected over Antigen Express, BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Galena BioPharma, ImmusanT and Inovio Pharmaceuticals. Antigen and Galena were nominated for their construct for the treatment of breast cancer, while Inovio's lead product candidate is in the cervical cancer space.
Advaxis received the award for Best Therapeutic Vaccine at the World Vaccine Congress in Washington, DC on April 11th. Other categories announced included:
- Best Prophylactic Vaccine (approved or in development)
- Best Pharmaceutical Vaccine Pipeline
- Best Early-Stage Vaccine Biotech
- Biotech CEO of the Year
Advaxis was nominated and judged within several criteria:
- Vaccine candidate addresses current unmet medical needs
- Candidate shows significant potential for vast geographical and market reach
- Candidate possesses a novel mode of action or technology
- Progress made to date through clinical trials and/or achieved milestones
- Advanced efficacy, safety, and risk management data where appropriate
The Advaxis pipeline also includes a pre-clinical construct for prostate cancer, a pre-clinical construct for breast and other cancers, and a phase 1 construct for canine osteosarcoma.
To read the full press release, click here.